Sunday, August 31, 2008

For Sale









Both bikes are sold but it was not as easy as I had thought. I first posted the yellow for sale on ebay with a reserve for $2150. It ended at $1500. I then relisted it and it only got as high as $1100. Meanwhile I had been posted it on craigslist with very few calls. I then listed my original silver one on ebay and it met my reserve for $2000 the first day. All I needed was $2000 plus interest to pay back my loan from my brother for the GS. The ebay auction ended and immediatly I recieve an email from the buyer saying that he talked to his wife and he could not buy this auction because of financial reasons. The auction ended at $2600. I sent a second offer the 2nd highest bidder. I got no response. I had both bikes on craigslist for the past few weeks with only email contact from potential buyers. Once people heard I was WAY OUT in queen creek it was too far. Another favorite call was a women very interested in a vinage vespa but once she found out it was a manual transmission she backed out. She still wants a classic vintage but automatic. Good luck with that. With memorial weekend approaching I was very overwelmed with calls and emails. I finally sold the yellow one for $2000 locally to a cool local scooterist named Christian. The silver was almost sold 4 times between local buyers but everytime someone would say they wanted to see the scooter they would never show up. Eventually I got a call from the 2nd highest bidder from ebay saying he had been out of town but saw my 2nd offer and wanted to buy my scooter. I attempted to send a 2nd offer again but you can not do that in ebay. So I had to create a buy it now auction and he bought it. eBay really screwed me with all its fees. With all my auctions ending and not selling you still lose and then buyers backing out I still loose fees. All in all I am out around $250 in eBay fees. I was so stressed to sell these scooters because I made a deal with my brother to pay him $100 in interest fees per month. I thought it would be easy to sell these bikes and pay him back. I paid my brother back on August 31. Just in time before new interest occurred. He only accepted $20 in interest. Next time have the money before you buy. It is not worth going into debt for fun and hobby projects. Also it is so much easier to buy than sell. 

No comments: