Saturday, September 13, 2008

The First Time


Getting into Vespa's for me was a gradual process that started in the early 80's with my older brother listen to Madness. Growing up in Tempe, Arizona did not leave me any opportunities to see Vespa or if they were around I never noticed them. It was in 1995 that I started attending Ska concerts and started seeing these mods and their scooters. Around 1996 I was able to drive my first Vespa and it was 1973 Rally sidecar. It belong to my brothers Girlfriends dad. It was a rush to kick over the bike and shift for my first time in the handlebar unlike a motorcycle. To feel the rush of wind in my face was thrilling. Turning with a sidecar is a experience and likely not ideal for a first time driver. From the first twist I was thrilled and knew one day I was going to own a Vespa. Looking back 13 years ago I have owned over 8 Vespa's and never knew I would enjoy this hobby this much. Here's to another 13 years and more.

No comments: